View Single Post

Old 12-14-2016, 01:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Ya gloom and doom. Bush handed him an economy that was a disaster, unemployment at 10% and a stock market at 8,000. Now he's cut the unemployment rate in 1/2 and the stock market is booming. That dam Kenyan!

I don't want to call you an idiot.........but.......... I can't help myself.
Presidents often get too much blame and too much credit for the economy. We all know that the unemployment number is fictitious. I wonder how much better the stock market might have improved and the economy might have grown if not for the policies of the Obama administration.

As we all know, or at least should know, the economy is somewhat cyclical. When we have an event such as 9/11 the stock market goes down and the economy shrinks. Both will usually come back on their own. How fast and by how much can be influenced by the policies of the politicians. This is the slowest and weakest recovery from a recession in history. If we had someone like President Elect Donald Trump in office over the post eight years, we might be in a much better position both in terms of the economy and security.