View Single Post

Old 12-17-2016, 08:57 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,229 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
What we find helpful is the Georgia Welcome Station just south of Chattanooga. They will even make a reservation for you. You can also pick up the Georgia Traveler and do your own thing. The Drury in a good choice south of Atlanta but we have not stayed there for a while. Since Chattanooga is our halfway point, we have been stopping at Dalton, Georgia at a Country Inn and suites and then hitting Atlanta after the "big rush" and going straight through in the HOVA lane.

The week between Christmas and New Years patience will be your friend while traveling south to Florida. Last year we traveled through Atlanta on New Years Day and it was the least amount of traffic I've ever seen in Atlanta. Just a thought if the traffic is a major concern to you. We are retired so don't "sweat" an extra hour or so! Happy Trails!

Thanks. I was all set to try your New Years Day idea, but we can't get away from the cold north that soon. (sigh)

From suggestions here, I am going to look at Stockbridge or maybe try McDonough again, even though we would like to get farther along.

Any more ideas from anyone?

Thank you.

Last edited by Boomer; 12-17-2016 at 09:33 AM.