View Single Post

Old 12-21-2016, 11:28 AM
Gold member
Default Re:vanguard-fidelity-t.rowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stdole View Post
I do business with both Fidelity and Vanguard (and T.Rowe Price) for different types of Investments.
The Fidelity Office in The Villages is one of the best Brokerage Offices available any where and we are
so lucky to have them at Sumter Landing. Take for instance Estate Planning with Fidelity or Price
is not available on a one on one meeting.. You cannot meet with Vanguard on a moments notice in
person unlike Fidelity. Again different investments.. I am not aware of the office within
Florida for Vanguard.
I too have accounts with all three of them. For me, FIDELITY is the best of the three. If, you have a question
you can call FIDELITY 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Should you call Vanguard or T. Rowe you will get a recording that is monday to fri 9-5.

RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH VANGUARD-I have a small INHERITED IRA that thanks to the government I am forced to take money out every year. I wanted to put half of what I estimate I will be forced to withdraw for 2017 and put it into a CASH MONEY MARKET. I WAS TOLD YOU NEED TO HAVE 3,000 TO OPEN UP ANY NEW ACCOUNT POSITION. TRUTH BE TOLD, I HAD A MONEY MARKET FUND IN THIS INHERITED IRA. I HAD ASKED THE PERSON AT VANGUARD IF I SHOULD LEAVE A SMALL BALANCE IN THE ACCT JUST TO KEEP IT OPENED AND I WAS TOLD THERE IS NO REASON,

Re: That article about conflict of interest at FIDELITY
It was interesting and I had seen it before your posting it.
HAVE YOU EVER GOTTEN THE IPO PRICE AT T.ROWE OR VANGUARD? IF, IT GOES DOWN FROM THE IPO PRICE YOU WILL OF COURSE GET IT. THE IPO PRICE GOES TO THE INSIDERS. IS THAT FAIR? LIFE IS NOT FAIR. ASIDE-WE KEEP HEARING AND READING BUFFET LIKE. FYI BUFFET AND PEOPLE WITH HIS MONEY DO NOT EVEN SWIM IN THE SAME MARKET WITH WE THE UNWASHED MASSES.

The good news is intense competition and easy access to information on the internet has made investing far less expensive for the investors.