Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 01-01-2017, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hi again,

Here's another Meryl Streep movie for you......Ricki and the Flash. In this one she plays an aging rocker who had left her kids behind in Indianapolis to chase her dream. Her kids grow up. She comes back into their lives. The story is pretty predictable, but I liked it.

I had to check the iPad to see if she was doing her own singing and, of course, she was.

Having watched two Meryl Streep movies on cable this weekend reminded me of how gifted she truly is. Florence and Ricki were very different kinds of women.........but they both sure did love their music.

It has been such an exciting weekend for me. Got one of those stupid colds that makes me feel like my head is a concrete block. Had to turn down an invitation to have an actual social life so I could lie around, wearing mismatched flannel, eating popsicles, and watching cable. But, at least, I liked the movies.

What I probably need now is a recipe for a hot toddy.
I watched Ricki and the Flash on a plane ride. She sure is good. Somehow I knew she did her own singing, with a lot of coaching. They were going to dub her, but he said no. She put in the work. An amazing talent.