View Single Post

Old 06-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: VNN Closed Captioning

I think it would be a close call. The FCC usually has little sympathy for going out of business excuses. However, we are talking a very small, limited use TV station. My guess is that will be the deciding factor and that VNN will get the exemption for that reason.

I have difficulty believing the cost of closed captioning would be that high. I mean everything runs in a loop, so it would only be the first hour or so that would that have to be typed in. Not an astronomical amount of human or technological time involved. I also think that the bad feelings that would be created in removing VNN, especially after TV just lost the buffalo, would make the developers, et al. think long and hard before shutting down VNN if they do lose. I still keep hoping they will do the right thing simply because it is the right thing to do and well within their means to do so.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein