View Single Post

Old 01-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,566 Times in 511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
When driving a car, seeing carts as we come up to a merge, I know they have to merge. Actually, WE have to merge. I know if I am even with the cart that is not merging, that is blocking, and someone is going to get hit. So as I come upon a merge area, if there is a cart directly beside me I either slow down to let them in front of me or, if I see it in enough time, speed up so they can get behind me. If they stay in their cart lane until the last minute it is fine with me.
I have no problem yielding to carts at the end of the diamond lane where they have to merge in with vehicles; the problem is with the idiots in the carts that are just tooling along in the diamond lane and immediately turn left to another street or entrance crossing the two lanes of traffic; it's a death wish for the cart drivers and a horrific memory for the person hitting them.

As a retired LEO, I really thought I had seen everything there is to see in life until I moved here and saw some of the unbelievable things drivers of carts and vehicles do.