View Single Post

Old 01-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Yes, that is correct - two different processes (ion exchange and redox/adsorption) to address two different issues (hardness and chlorine). Most of what I see installed by friends are "hybrid" water softeners, that remove hardness, filter sediment, and remove chlorine, such as the Sears Elite for about $600, the Water Boss 950 for about $600, and the Pegasus systems for a higher price. The Sears and Water Boss typically come from big box stores such as Home Depot/Lowes.
The water boss 950 clearly states "reduce chlorine taste and odors"
not eliminate, BIG difference. it is a 22,000 grain capacity unit 20" foot print.

The Sears unit is $600-$800 (depends on model) again only states "Improve the taste and odor"
and "Reduce the unpleasant effects of chlorine and large sediment"
Requires an Internet connection
Looking at the owners manual I see no filters that address chlorine or sediment, so not sure how that claim is made.
It says "no filters to replace" how do filter with out a filter?

both of those units exclude installation at that price.

Pegasus has no filter at their low priced unit and a small carbon in their higher priced unit. No sediment filter at all. Pegasus in not a manufactured brand it is a label affixed to a generic softener.

Nova is 32,000 grain ours will eliminate chlorine taste/odor I have a complete water test by an independent lab to prove that. It takes a 14" footprint so uses less space. It is made by Pentair a recognized brand.

For those that are unfamiliar with Nova and myself.

I'm a resident of Fernandina, my back ground is aquarium marine filtration for over 40 years, I not only know filtration but water chemistry.

Feel free to call for more info on the water issues that affect us here.