View Single Post

Old 01-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl63 View Post
Hello just moved in to the Villages. Can anyone advise me on where a 53 year old can get medical insurance that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I had full coverage insurance when I was working, but I had a stroke in June of last year and haven't been able to work since so I no longer have medical ins. Any advise on where I should go or where to look?

Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
You have till the last day of this month to open enroll with one of the ACA plans.
Get 2017 health coverage. Health Insurance Marketplace | HealthCare.gov

Many plans to choose from and depending upon your reportable income you may qualify for a subsidy.

Good Luck !

Hi CountryGirl63,

RickeyD's suggestion here could be your best bet. You might want to start there (hurry).

And certainly, check all the ideas from others who have offered help here for finding coverage. (But please make sure to check RickeyD's link, right away, if you have not already done so.). SHINE might be able to offer some direction, too. I don't know anything about SHINE but if villagetinker says it is good, it must be. (That guy is always helpful and gives good advice.)

It sounds like you have faced great difficulty. You might find a support group in TV for those who have experienced a stroke. I don't know for sure but you might want to check on that, too, as you get settled into TV life. (just a thought)

Kind wishes to you as you go forward.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 01-08-2017 at 12:50 PM.