View Single Post

Old 01-09-2017, 07:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Once again, the voice of reason and sanity, and may I add compassion and kindness. Although I have been a long time member of TOTV, I have not been as active a poster as many of you. But I am a people person and a people watcher, and as a result I feel as if I have come to know many of you by your posts over the years. One thing I have observed about the quoted poster is his consistent pattern of just as he states, "logic, reason and calm" - a true gentleman, always.

To the OP, I hope you heed this wise one's advice. Don't let others on here draw you into their confrontations. I can be quilty of that myself - letting others "rent space in my head" as they say, and then regretting my own reaction to it as much as I detest their initial attack on me.

It would be nice if we could just stick to the issues on here and not get so personal. And by personal I'm referring to the nastiness, not the sharing of one's personal experiences or opinions which often add to the discussion. Unfortunately, I think some are on here just to inflame others, offering no wisdom in their posts or stimulation of thought to further discussion. It really is a shame that there isn't some form of moderation on this forum in an effort to keep it more civil. I think everyone would benefit from that, no matter what side of the fence you are on.
Dear Guest:

Indeed words to live by. And while I thank you personally for your kind words it is my belief that they apply to 99.999999% of the people on TOTV.

Of late we have a few join us that carry us to places none of us care to go. One of them told me after I pointed out that he broken the TOTV rule of no personal attacks that the political forum was not moderated. Can you imagine this poster never gave a thought to self moderating. This poster presumably believes political forum is a no man's land?

Again thank you

Personal Best Regards: