View Single Post

Old 01-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCOrange View Post
Based strictly on the floor plan, I like the looks of the Sun Kissed model. Many of those appear to be in Pine Hills (which I notice has received mixed reviews, although the posts are getting old now), but -- not knowing my way around The Villages -- doesn't yet mean a lot to me. Anyway...
They're in Pine Hills because the developer is building the new homes there. Depending on when you move here and wanting to buy new, will determine where you live. If you moved here in the summer of 2011 and were wanting a new home, you would be now living in Tamarind Grove or St. James. 2012 it would of been Sanibel and so on. That's why there are more of that model in Pine Hills. I did see there were 3 resales in other villages. There are about 75 villages with about 1,000 homes in each one, and The Villages (TV) is spread over 35 square miles. There is a lot to decide when you visit, but the home you buy may determine where you live.

Since you're looking at cottages, one model that I liked was 'The Hommock'. The kitchen wasn't wedged into a corner but move open with a bar in the middle and the non-carpeted area extended into the dining room. We have a CYV (courtyard villa) and had the same situation, carpet in the dining room. A year after we moved in, we had the kitchen, foyer and dining room redone with wood floors. It makes it look so much nicer when the floors all match and not serving food in a carpeted area. Here's a link to a Hammock floorplan.

http://www.thevillages.com/homes/new...Hammock-FP.pdf

Unfortunately the only Hammocks at the moments are new and are in Pine Hills. However, since you're not moving until a year from now, everything changes month-to-month.