Thread: Impatients
View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana13 View Post
Twice in the last week, I have had to deal, with very rude and inpatient people, one at Publix's (colony) and one at Wal-Grens (colony). I went to the ten or less aisle to check out,(Publix) and a woman (and her meek husband) were in front of me with a full cart of groceries and I had 4 items. I very politely taped her on the shoulder and said "Ma'am" I think you are in the wrong line this is 10 items or less She whirled around and said I have been standing in the other lines for 10 min. it is your time to wait. The checker just looked away, and apologized when it was my turn. People you are retired, what is the rush, Wait your turn, you are not up North, waiting for a huge snow storm , You are in the South where life is slow and no stress. Sorry but I feel she was a snow bird (accent) as she is not used to the Souther ways. Same incident at Wal-grens, but the woman walked right in front of me with a full basket and pushed all others away The checker did say Ma'am, you need to wait your turn, and she left her cart and exited the store, I had to smile. To the snow-birds, Life and the pace in the Villages, is a slow one, no one needs to rush, time is only measured, by hours not by minutes,You are retired, You are the ones who clog the stores, the roads, the restaurants,the Golf courses, etc. Slow down, enjoy the day, and stop making a scene. YOU ARE BRINGING A WRONG IMAGE WHEN YOU VISIT.
Little confused..who was the impatient one in line ?