View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Veteran member
Default Phishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I know this has been discussed before and alerts have been given as well but just wanted to re-fresh this for all you folks.

Was on my computer this evening when a pop-up came on with an "alert" plus a loud voice saying to call their customer support people and blah, blah, blah. It was REALLY professional in how it appeared. Well I was sceptical and good thing as I asked for his name and number and told the "support" person I'd have to get back to him. We have a computer fix-it person, John Townsand, who I called and was told that yes this is a scam to get money. I didn't give out any personal information which was a good thing. The thing of it is...these things take a person by surprise so they get scared and fall for the thing. Please question and requestion and go with your "gut" instincts that these aren't up and up.
Hi from bbbbbb
Here is a very simple and quick solution to this event or anything similar. IF IT IS FROM SOMEONE YOU DO NOT KNOW PERSONALLY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, DO NOT OPEN IT, DO NOT RESPOND, SEND IT TO JUNK OR BLOCK, JUST DO IT.