Thread: Uber in TV
View Single Post

Old 01-13-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
With all due respect, I have read all of these posts and I have the following comment based upon many, many UBER rides in the U.S. and abroad: I estimate that the majority of posters here have never had an UBER ride. Try it once, and then report back.
With all due respect, I personally HAVE taken more than several Uber rides. My daughter also drives for them up north. If you are not tipping, you are WRONG!!! Just do an internet search and you will find that Uber is backing up on their "tip is included" company line. Uber is so much better than a taxi, not only are the prices better, but so is the service. If you think the wonderful service that the drivers provide does not deserve a tip, well, then, you are being inconsiderate. Uber is also very misleading on their prices. The pricing break down is a booking fee, a base fee, and then a per mile and per minute charge; nowhere in this breakdown is there an allowance for a driver "tip". The drivers do not get any share of the booking fee, and the base fee and per mile/per minute charges are usually very minimum. If you take a ride that is around $14, by the breakdown, uber gets around 5.25 and the driver around 8.75. If a driver can do 2 of these trips an hour, that seems like a very nice wage. However, that $17.50 is BEFORE the driver takes out for their income tax, fica tax (they must pay both ends because they are an independent contractor,) gas, costs to keep their vehicle clean, additional mileage, wear and tear on the car, plus other consumables such as brakes, tires and fluids; their wage is now about $9-11 per hour. Still, not a bad wage, however, tips are a nice way to show that they are appreciated and their service is great.

Last edited by Lindaketchup; 01-13-2017 at 06:56 PM.