Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 01-22-2017, 07:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
The book is Rude B**ches Make Me Tired: slightly profane and entirely logical answers to modern etiquette dilemmas by Celia Rivenbark. She says things that need to be said. Sometimes her writing makes me laugh out loud.
I'll put that book on my "must read" list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICAR OF DIBLEY View Post
Wanted to share an experience I had with Rosalie, seamstress. I am sorry to say that my dealings with Rosalie were not positive.
I have spoken with the police about what occurred and they said I was to trusting. I did not get a receipt from her, nor did I make a notation on my check what the amount was for.
I gave her size 16 silk lined Talbot slacks. She gave me back size 18 slacks, that were of a brand I never heard of.
I am now in the process of handling this matter through other means.
It's hard to understand how such a mistake could happen.
I bet the woman who got slacks that were too small was equally upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Here's another Meryl Streep movie for you......Ricki and the Flash. In this one she plays an aging rocker who had left her kids behind in Indianapolis to chase her dream. Her kids grow up. She comes back into their lives. The story is pretty predictable, but I liked it. I had to check the iPad to see if she was doing her own singing and, of course, she was.
I think Meryl Streep is the BEST actor in movies, she is so talented and can play any role convincingly.