View Single Post

Old 01-23-2017, 07:14 PM
Default Rat Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
THANK YOU ALL FOR your suggestions.....I will be pulling out my grapefruit tree and replacing it with a bottlebrush....ALSO, I should have shared the Villages is already "OVER pesticidal" and an offer like Dean's to treat with traps and pour liquid insecticide around my house every 3 months is a DEAL BREAKER.....rats don't cause cancer.....pesticides do and my Company is Alliance who uses environmental treatments.....they also wanted $400 to do this....I will be going the route with the alternate traps....THANKS ALL!!
In Orlando hi also had citrus trees and palm trees. One day I discovered I had at least one rat. I went to Home Depot and the gentleman there told me I needed to cook bacon. So he had me buy his little rat poison squares and cook bacon and then wrap the poison with the bacon. They could not resist and the rats were gone. I found them out on the sidewalk dead. I also am not fond of poison so in today's world I would try the sticky traps with fried bacon.

But I decided then I would never have citrus trees in my yard again. If you have birdseed you need to keep it in a contained bucket with a very good lid on it. But I would not have any birdseed in my yard for a while until you get your problem resolved. Good luck!