View Single Post

Old 01-25-2017, 01:39 PM

Wow Jane, that's a lot of questions! I'll share my opinions and experiences - hope they help.
We've bought and have service work done by both TV and C&C. We have had and currently own both gas and electric.
We decided to replace our '13 yamaha efi with the '17 yamaha model and we chose C&C. Could not be happier. Really quiet, better ride with the new suspension, nicer seats (our choice and worth it) and less stink! No gas smell due to different venting system and less exhaust stink - after the 100 or so miles it takes to burn off the varnish, etc that's a part of most any new manufacture. Approaching 1000 miles now and absolutely less exhaust stink than the efi.
valance - I don't know the answer to your question.
electrical - C&C wins hands down according to the Yamaha engineer I asked. No impact on warranty.
lights - seems like 6 of one / half dozen of the other to me
windshield - we went with folding and slide vents on the bottom. Folding a must for hot golf days. Not sure about the value of the vents but have learned to pick my battles with the wife.
Sunbrella - don't really see any difference in quality. Really like the ease of C&C rear window as I don't need a third hand to roll it back up.
mirrors - we have owned all styles and placement and appreciated C&C's willingness to do exactly what we wanted. Mounted at the folding seam below our eye line. Right side round mounted inside the frame, left side round mounted outside the frame. It's what works for us and doesn't make it right for anyone else.
Service - in our experience C&C wins hands down. Quick, on time, thorough, knowledgeable, neat, fair and nice folks. TV are nice folks but we've had some real issues with the competence of some of their mechanics.
Good luck with your decisions!