View Single Post

Old 01-26-2017, 07:34 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Do not believe or take to heart anyone in these forums as many do not live here and just hang out for the posts and some are trouble makers. There are other forums not here who check address and the people are normal because they have something invested.
Wow! I've found the majority of people here go out of their way to help others. They find names and phone numbers for folks, provide helpful links, offer comfort and support. For someone who just moved to TV and is relatively new to TOTV, I'm sorry you've had such miserable experiences. Every site has its trolls, just like there's always one mean kid at school. Nature of their beasts. Put the trolls on ignore, follow those people you've found to be knowledgeable and helpful, ignore the rest.

Now, the one advice I would give any newbie is go slow. If buying new, make sure any renovations won't void your one-year warranty. Wait on landscaping until you know what plants thrive here. Don't try to do everything at once. Put at least one day week aside to just have fun. The boxes will still be there tomorrow.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein