View Single Post

Old 01-27-2017, 08:52 PM

The answer I will give you is years ago The Villages had their own little agreement with a company I believe called clear point. If anybody knows the exact name please correct me. Comcast purchased that company out in 2004 I believe and made an agreement with the developer to provide service. I heard that the service contract was down to 466A. So I guess from 466A BrightHouse is now the chosen one. Which is now Spectrum since Brighthouse was purchased. People ask me all the time why natural gas is not provided in all the homes. It's just the agreement they made with the utility companies and what is most profitable for the developer. Natural gas is only in seven years out of all the development that has happened here. Trust me all cable companies operate the same! They all have the general same channels and pricing. And they all see how they can make an extra buck along the way. If you want an alternative, look at Directv Now which is Directv's Internet based service. It's a lot cheaper and it worked very well during the seven day trial that I did. The negative right now they have no DVR available. But you can put the signal on your TV via your phone or tablet. Playstation Vue and Sling TV are two more choices.