View Single Post

Old 02-13-2017, 08:23 AM

I have had several implants. Several were put in at the University of Florida dental school in Gainesville. They were done by the FACULTY PRACTICE DIVISION. They are world class. Dentists come from all over the world to train with them. They also use the best implants implants available. (There are cheap implants- be careful ). These implants were for back teeth on both sides on the upper. I then wanted to replace the front teeth. This would require 3 implants. I had these implants put in by a local Villages dentist who only does implants. Went to one of his seminars and decided to use him. (A little more expensive than UF at Gainesville, but saved the drive). This guy turned out to be a total quack. He put all three implants in incorrectly. It was impossible to fit an acceptable bridge. I ended up back at UF where Dr. William Martin was able to make a bridge that was acceptable. The other option would have been is to remove the implants and start over. This would have resulted in several months to have teeth

I am now in the process of getting two implants on the lowers. UF Faculty Dr Gonzaga is doing these for me. They are using the latest in computer design. A 3D printer to make the drilling guide to assure correct placement of the implant.

I am sure there are great implant dentists in the area. BUT an analogy might be. It takes a five cent nail to fix a roof, but it it is the skill of the roofer to know where to place the nail.

Gainesville may be a little drive. (One hour). But I would never go anywhere else for implants.

Plus, I think you will find they will be less costs than most other dentists. Certainly far less than the local quack I went to who turned out to be incompetent. There are three costs to implants. The implant itself, the abutment to which the crown or bridge attaches plus the crown or bridge cost. For a single tooth I am guessing the cost will be in the $3,000 range. Plus, from my experience sedation is not necessary. Many dentists recommend sedation because it is significant $$$ to them with little cost.