View Single Post

Old 02-13-2017, 08:25 AM
Default Implants and Bridges

Over the years I've had about seven implants and I've got 3 permanent bridges in my mouth. Back in the day, my first two implants were only about $1300 each, another $500 for the crown. Now, the sad part. 20 -25 years ago implants were still pretty much in their infancy. Not blaming the doctor but the materials used were not the best either. Just had to have two of them (the first two) reworked. Implants were fine but the abutments that were used to support the bridge were way too small. Had broken the pins holding the bridge in place twice before (about $1500 per trip) and this was the third time around. As it turned out the company that made all the hardware to go along with the implant had gone out of business so we had to start from there. Had to completely rebuild the abutments on two implants and of course a new bridge to fit. Total was about $6 grand. My advice, get a good dentist who knows what he's doing and I would HIGHLY recommend Rob Penrod; his office is the Colony Shopping Center. It was a hell-of-va job but he stuck with it and I couldn't be happier.