View Single Post

Old 02-13-2017, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,915 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
If TVH ER is really that terrible why do SO many people still use it? Guess because there are people with no insurance that go there because they have to be treated. So if you have insurance why not try the Urgent Cares or a Hospital outside of this group. See how that works out for you. Remember also IF you call an Ambulance you will be going to either TV or Leesburg unless it's a Trauma Alert. Myself I use Urgent Cares if at all possible. If I go to the ER I know it's going to be a long wait. As I said in earlier posts having ridden with EMS I know it's the same up North where I was.
I doubt that's the reason. ALL hospital ERs are required to see patients that show up, even if they don't have insurance. But in this 55+ community, I'm sure a majority of patients have Medicare, and those under 65 are very likely to be insured given the affluence of TV. There may be some people from Lady Lake/Summerville that use TVRH, but I'd bet the majority of patients are Villagers. So why so busy---just the age of the population, and the seasonal influx of an additional 40,000 in the winter. The other reason is simply staffing, which may or may not be adequate.