Thread: Prayers needed
View Single Post

Old 02-15-2017, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Prayers needed

Last night I got the most horrible news. My son and his wife have been trying to have a baby for a couple of years now. About two years ago she got pregnant but lost the baby after a few months.
Nine months ago we got the news that she was pregnant again and we've all been very excited to meet the new little guy. Her due date was yesterday so I sent my son a text asking if anything was happening. A few hours later I got a call from him telling me that they had lost the baby.

She had been getting cramps and they were thinking that it was time. Yesterday morning she express some concern that she hadn't felt him move for a while. He suggested that they go to the hospital just in case. When they got there, there was no heartbeat. They don't have explanation yet and I'm not sure why I want to hear one, but I do.

It is so heartbreaking as we have been buying gifts for little Duncan. Last Christmas my family loaded her up with baby gifts and I got my son a manly style diaper bag. Everyone has been anticipating his arrival and now it's this.

I don't now what to do. I hardly slept at all last night. It was all I could think of. I feel so bad for my son and his daughter-in-law. She is a pre school teacher and has really wanted kids of her own for a long time.

I'm not sure why I'm writing this but I guess I thought that maybe sharing it might help.

Anyway. thoughts and prayers for my son and daughter-in-law would be appreciated. Thanks for letting me unload.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.