View Single Post

Old 02-15-2017, 02:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I know the street but never traveled it. I will on my next visit.

Chicago's Martin Luther King Jr. Drive: A Road Through History - Chicago - DNAinfo Chicago

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
You post THAT? For what reason? It really says nothing...

You let me know how your visit goes...make sure it's a nighttime visit...more action then...more fun.

"Across the country there are 730 streets named after civil rights leader Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

"Map them and you map a nation within a nation," says one expert, who said they are generally byways more familiar to blacks than whites."

Map them, and you map the poorest parts of America, the most violent parts of America.

"Beginning just south of East Cermak Road and four blocks east of South Michigan Avenue, King Drive stretches to 115th Street. The street runs through predominantly black South Side neighborhoods from Bronzeville to Roseland, spanning 14 miles."

Ah...the South Side of Chicago...

Explain this CHI...
Shootings -- Crime in Chicagoland -- chicagotribune.com

“The fundamental premise of Breadbasket is a simple one. [Blacks] need not patronize a business which denies them jobs, or advancement [or] plain courtesy,’’ said King. He charged that many retail businesses and consumer-goods industries "deplete the ghetto" by selling to blacks "without returning to the community any of the profits through fair hiring practices.’’

We WISH they WOULDN'T...we WISH they'd stay as far away from us as possible. It's WHY gated communities are so popular.