View Single Post

Old 02-18-2017, 03:59 PM
Veteran member
Default My Comcast experience Feb 2017

I called a week before I was moving to a new home in Pine Ridge. I was told Comcast says there is an empty lot on the address I gave them . Someone promised to get back to me. No one did. I called again 3 days before I was moving. There was no record of my call. I was now issued a case #. The next day when I called back I was told I had to prove there was electricity active at the address and supply them with a statement. Since I was just establishing service the electric company emailed me a screen shot showing my name and address and active service. I had to email to the Comcast rep I was now dealing with. I was assure this person would get back to me. Never did. The next day I heard my case was closed with no notes. I was given a new case number and had to email a new person proof of my electric service. I was assure she would take care of it. The following day I emailed her 2x and asked for an update. No response. The evening of the day I moved in....now 9 days from my first call to Comcast I call again. Now a new rep tells me he will look into it and promised to definitively find out the situation. As I waited for his call. I called Spectrum. I was told they service my address and could install me the next day, a Saturday. I agreed. The Comcast rep calls me back and tells me someone is standing by and he needs proof I have electrical service. ( the third request) and that it could take 6 days for them to determine if I could have service there. There was another Comcast person that I spoke to in between one of these other calls that was telling me permits had to be pulled. That conversation was short. After I hear the third request for electric service proof and a 6 day answer I told him I was canceling Comcast and switching to Spectrum. Spectrum installed service in less than 24 hours. It's too bad as I prefer Comcast but I had had enough. BTW, the house across the street has Comcast service.