View Single Post

Old 02-19-2017, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,946 Times in 2,463 Posts

Just cause you have all rock in villa don't mean low maintenance IMO . What ever bushes you plant the leaves and twigs eventually drop into the rock. My suggestion is don't plant bushes that drop a lot of leaves or require a lot of trimming. Why you ask? I see landscapers take hours trimming and trying to blow the leaves/debris in pile to gather them up (cause the owner don't want to see twig laying out there. if I was landscaper I would charge more for rock yards than grass) (I don't know what they charge cause I still young enough to do my own yard). So, your neighbors have listen to the blowers and trimmers that the mufflers have been gutted that are twice as loud. Grass on the other hand landscapers are their about 15 min. and gone. I thought I was getting low maintenance with rock and bushes. WRONG I'll take grass any day or rock with very few bushes. Also even if you have rock weeds will work their way up and you have to deal with them, I will Amit not as hard job as grass, but pulling or roundup every month or two.