View Single Post

Old 02-20-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christieann View Post
Just in general and to no one in particular: I am guessing people do not realize how it sounds "I want a booth. I want a window seat. I want outside. I will leave if I don't get what I want." Or some feel that staff should be treated as if they are uneducated twits that work there because that's all they know how to do. The food tastes no different in different seats. There is no guarantee an experience will be any more pleasant outside or in or from a booth or table. A bad experience will be a bad experience and a good one, good. There are several people that visit the establishment and other reservations that need attention besides them. A restaurant may not appear busy but people are not aware of what goes on behind the scenes or what other situations may be coming up. To explain it all to a guest would be time consuming and they won't care anyway. They feel they are the only ones that need attention. I would like to see some of the more demanding guests work for a week in the shoes of the employees to see what it is like. To them it all seems so simple from the perspective of sitting in a chair in a waiting area (that table is empty. you can take that table apart. you can put those tables together.) or from the entrance (it isn't busy. they have nothing to do. it isn't hard work.) There is no reason for a person to make a job which is in fact difficult, even more difficult. People think a service provider means they should have everything they want and no one else matters. Yes, staff should be courteous. Yes, good service should be expected. Yes, good food should be expected. But being demanding and expecting more than a business can offer is not fair. Manners are for everyone. Not just the employees but for the guests, too.
Could not agree with you more, some people do NOT realize how they come off to the staff. NO the customer is NOT always right. My parents owned a restaurant, most difficult work I ever did in my life. When I become PRESIDENT, my 1st EO will be everyone in the US has to work 1 HOLIDAY SEASON in RETAIL and 1 restaurant season for SNOW FLAKES!