View Single Post

Old 02-20-2017, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

With your screen name you must be a golfer. I once rode with a golfer who's cart had 12" wheels. It probably isn't a big thing, maybe since I'm 5'9" I noticed more, but it seemed like a big chore to get in and out of the cart for each shot. After a round of 18 holes I felt more tired with those bigger wheels.

My 2011 Yamaha I bought new had the 205/65-10 tires and the only thing I noticed was when my cart was dialed up to 25 mph, the cart seemed a little more top heavy and you needed drive the cart more if you when driving near top speed of 25. I think a driver with less skill could tip over if not careful. I have since dialed my cart back to 20 mph, I figured it wasn't worth the risk, I had it the other way for 5 years. The cart now handles great at 20 mph, although I felt it rode, sounded and handled best at 22mph.

I had considered getting the low profile tires because I thought it would handle better, but the original tires on my Villages Yamaha Cart still look almost new after 5-1/2 years.