View Single Post

Old 07-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Gold member
Default Re: SINGLE WANNABE"S

Hey Singles,

Any ideas of what will be among the first things you do when you get settled into being a resident of TV? Of course, meeting and greeting all TOTV members. After all, how can we forget how helpful and courteous all the folks of TOTV have been to we wannabees, both couples and singles!! But, after that, what activities will you check out first?

Me? I would like to participate in the "Sunshine" committee of the Singles Clubs. It is described as ...
"Our goal is to reach out and give our fellow members a show of kindness or a helping hand in time of need. Simple, thoughtful things such as a card that fits the occasion, or a home or hospital visit, driving them to and from the doctor or store, picking up medicine or groceries -- just letting them know that someone cares and is thinking about them."

Sounds pretty cool to me. Also, just about any of the sports activities from softball to tennis, and just about any thing else that can keep off the couch and out of bakeries. The various Singles clubs seem to have great participation by their members. To paraphrase ConeyIsBabe, we're all in this together.

What clubs, churches, and educational pursuits will you tend to join after you have unpacked your last box? Is there someone out there who can teach this single guy the fine art of line dancing?? ;D Just can't get the hang of it although, I must admit, by the time "happy hour" ends I'm usually dancing pretty well...perhaps, it's just my imagination as "The Temptations" said. :dontknow: