Thread: VHA HoeDown
View Single Post

Old 02-23-2017, 08:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Saluting the flag isn't a veteran RULE. Its something they can do. With 31 years, I prefer to put my hand over my heart and like in a church I always remove a hat. So you don't think I am full of BS... the law

Section 301(b)(1) of title 36, United States Code, is amended by striking subparagraphs (A) through (C) and inserting the following new subparagraphs:

``(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;

``(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and

``(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart;

Thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro