View Single Post

Old 02-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I have been having trouble for a while with my HP Envy laptop. It locks up, the hour glass spins, the montior was dim, I have google problems, have to reboot a lot, it taking forever to turn on in the morning and boot up. It was so slow moving between pages also. Just really thinking it was serious and needed replacing. It is about 3 years old but was pretty expensive and I had hoped it would last longer.

The last thing I thought of was the battery needing replacing as it is pretty much plugged in all the time. As a last ditch effort today I replaced the battery. It is now running like a brand new computer. Fast, smooth and no hiccups. I am amazed that just low battery power could cause all of those problems being that it was plugged in all the time. Any comments on this?
Looks like it runs off the battery at all times and the battery is charged when plugged in. Could it be the 3 year old battery was OK and the problem is the battery charger?? Time will tell.

Could it be the plug is on a wall switch and it is off and the battery never was charged?