View Single Post

Old 02-27-2017, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I couldn't agree more. Those who say you made a mistake in moving here, should realize there is more to life here than golf. The point is that TV over-inflate their green fees, a full page ad in today's Sun proves that. In the Villages of Fenny which has very little amenties are selling new Patio Villas for $130's, that's a 2009 price, Cottages are in the 180's, that's a 2012 price and masonry designers are in the $220 and $230's which is a reasonable price that is comparable to places such as On Top of the World and Arlington Ridge. If they can do those prices there, they can do that here since amenties cost the developers nothing since they are sold back to the CDC's and the infra-structure is paid by the bonds. Essentially the Village of Fenney is no different than TV except for the prices.
I bought a brand new cottage home for $186,000 about 18 months ago. I am not in one of the new villages.

As long as the golf courses are full, why would they lower their prices. As in any business, they get what the market will bear. If there are similar quality golf courses outside for less money, they don't seem to be affecting The Villages championship courses. If they did, I'm positive that we'd see the prices come down.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.