View Single Post

Old 03-08-2017, 05:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I am white. I HAVE NOTHING TO BE GUILTY ABOUT

My father was an injured WWII COMBAT VETERAN. I believe as a vet he got an advanced status into the CITY HOUSING PROJECT where my family lived till I was about 13. At that time it was 10-15% black. It was like West Side story. There was no integration. The whites did not associate with the blacks and the blacks did not associate with the whites. It was a long time ago, I recall a few fights and as I recall the only issue was skin color. I recall OLDER black kids abusing white kids. I recall my sister had a black friend she met through school and the black girl's mother coming over to talk with our mother. I recall the black mother politely suggesting that the friendship needed to end because sooner or later her daughter would be hurt.
I do not recall a long involved explanation from my mother but a simple statement that that is what the girl's mother wanted and my sister crying. Either before or after, I recall seeing with my parents blacks protesting in front of Woolworth. My world was not segregated and my mother had to explain to us what jim crow was.

FOR ME-I've had many black friends. I've come to realize that everyone of my black friends were what I/we call islanders and not American blacks. The islanders, in my view, are much like me, or the way I was brought up. The islanders encourage education and are as a group are among the hardest working people in the US and they also know how to party. Then, there are the American blacks.
The you owe meeeesss.

CALL ME RACIST IF YOU WISH. TRUTH BE TOLD I DO NOT MUCH CARE.

The word PREJUDICE is PRE-JUDGMENT. Any of you behind computer LIBERALS hiding in the 98% white villages want to go on a tour of the real world-NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH OBAMALAND. I grew up at 5240 BROADWAY-RIGHT OFF THE HARLEM RIVER.

Aside-about 20 years ago I had to go to the old neighborhood on business. It is either far worse than it was or as a child with nothing to compare to where you are you do not realize how bad it is or that others have things better. We did not have a TV till I was about 7 and we did not have a car till I was about 12 so my view of the world was for better or for worse limited.

OH-I had a great childhood. We would collect soda bottles turn them in for the deposit and buy a ball at the local card shop. The pensy pinky was .15 and the spalding was .25.
One of the few things that has not been effected with inflation is the deposit on soda bottles. The big ones were .05 and the regular ones were .02. You would then borrow/steal someones mother's broom handle and we would play stick ball for hours. We had yo yos, kites, pushcarts, hopskotch, stoopball, all kinds of games with bottlecaps, dueling chestnuts, watergun-the lugar was the best but it was .15, in coin of the realm that is three of the rare large soda bottles plus one small one to cover the sales tax
Dear Poster:

interesting as my experience living in a small New York town was similar right down to collecting soda bottles for spending money. the blacks in our town were descendants of the Underground railroad whose leading proponent Harriet Tubman lived in our town, her home still stands.

We lived side by side with blacks, courtesies extended, etc. yet both felt it best to socialize separately.

Martin Luther King was right when he said judge a man by character and not color. when people speak against blacks notice its really character they are referencing. The black community in our town were people who were well bred by their parents to achieve and become contributors to our society. every black in our high school graduating class went on to college and successful careers

Personal Best Regards: