Thread: Flynn
View Single Post

Old 03-11-2017, 08:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papsmear View Post
I don't have a military background nor did I serve but I am very experienced at paying taxes. Can someone explain to me why Turkey, a recipient of massive amounts of US taxpayer money, would pay a National Security Adviser candidate well over half a million dollars for "advice". A retired military man drawing a retirement salary that private sector employee could not imagine. How can that even be legal? I wonder if there is a tax break for that kind of income, you know similar to capital gains?
Are you suggesting that if Turkey had not received any US taxpayers money it would be more acceptable to pay 500k+ to a retired military man for advice?

Or maybe you are suggesting that a retired military man should not be allowed to advise people of different ethnicity for compensation?

I did not realize military pensions payed more than private sector pensions...could you give us some figures to help illustrate the lucrative amounts they get?

You should probably consult your accountant about tax breaks...I believe there is a earned income tax credit for disability retirement benifits, but that can not be claimed on military disability pensions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk