View Single Post

Old 03-13-2017, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,030 Times in 4,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by royr View Post
There may be a stomach virus going around The Villages.
Last week a friend had stomach pains, nausea, diarrhea, etc last week. He said he had a rough night, next day, and next night, then he felt OK.
My wife now seems to be suffering from the same symptoms, only just mostly stomach pains.
She thought at first that she might have food poisoning, but it had been several hours since she had eaten when the symptoms started.
We don't know if we should go to the urgent care, or just let it run it's course.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

P.S.
I just found this site and read about stomach virus. Seems helpful, but no easy way out:
5 Best Remedies for the Stomach Flu
The onset several hours after eating does not exclude food poisoning, typical staphylococcal food poisoning has an onset 1-6 hours after ingestion. I'd be cautious about self diagnosing either food poisoning or viral gastroenteritis based on someone else's symptoms a week earlier, especially if the only symptom is pain. Abdominal pain is one of the hardest diagnoses for a physician to make---hundreds of possibilities and usually very similar presentations. When in doubt, get professional help.