View Single Post

Old 03-13-2017, 08:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,743 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
Has anyone else received the message from AOL that they are going to a new desktop software called "Gold" and they are going to charge a monthly subscription fee? I may be the only person in The Villages who has and is using the AOL Desktop software (Mine is version 9.8.2). It seems from the comments in this thread that most people reach their AOL mail through another program (like Xfinity, Google, or some other internet server).

For those of you that don't understand my question, do you get to AOL mail by clicking on an AOL icon from your computer screen and then get an AOL logon screen and a blue user screen with menu selections across the top? And very top of the screen reads "AOL Desktop Connected, Signed-ON". Like I said, I may be the only one in The Villages that accesses AOL directly.
I don't have an AOL icon on my computer. I get AOL email by going to aol.com on the Internet. There is no reason to download or to use any AOL software program to use the free AOL email service. You can access your AOL email from any computer at any time with an Internet connection. You can set up a free email account by going to aol.com and providing a username and password. No downloading required. It is totally free.