View Single Post

Old 03-16-2017, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker1 View Post
Those who successfully receive broadcast TV from antennas in your attic: What kind/model of antenna to you have? Where in The Villages are you located? Appreciate your response..
I use a GE Attic Antenna. It looks like a Radar Dish and is about $30. Works about 99% of the time. I also use a pre-amp with it. Again about $30. I'm located in Stonecrest. I have a second antenna that I use if WESH 2 starts to fade out on the GE Antenna. Its a Yagi design that is just for the high end of the VHF spectrum, channel 7 to 13. It is also mounted in the attic. Usually fixes the problem if there is some sort of interference on WESH. Solid Signal on the Internet has all the TV hardware you need. There will be days when some stations will not work well. Sometimes its just a few hours, or could be minutes, or all day or night. I have no more problems receiving stations then I did on the cable. Remember you do have the right to mount an antenna outside on your roof. Most of these antennas are not very large and are not objectionable for looks. No worse then a Satellite Dish. For the cable stations you can get these over the Internet using an Apple TV Box, or Roku Box, or Amazon Fire Stick. The services are Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, Directv Now. I've tried all of them. Playstation Vue seems to work the best so far. I'm testing out Directv Now and the jury is still out. Have seen some things that I do not like on DirectV Now using the Fire Stick. I tried Sling TV for about 2 hours and then cancelled the service. Was not impressed. I've been using Playstation Vue for sometime and I like the service. Has worked well. The reason I'm looking at Directv Now is it has CMT on it. For some reason Playstation Vue dropped them and the Wife wants to watch Nashville. In either case you get a good line up of channels for a reasonable price and no long term contracts.