View Single Post

Old 03-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
but you may have had a wait and not realized why. For instance, there are many times people complain that there are empty tables but can't be seated. They usually don't say "We don't have a server for that area," or "That area already has enough customers for the server to handle." They just tell you there will be a wait, or that you can't be seated there.
Sometimes tables are empty and it appears ridiculous to the customer to have to wait. There could be many reasons for that, with one being that the kitchen already is processing as many orders as it can handle at the time. There is only so much cook top space and if it is all in use, then the customers may be waiting anyway. Sometimes, if the customers are seated anyway, then they begin to complain that everything is just too slow.

Unless you KNOW what is happening behind the scenes, cut those in service to you a little slack. There is probably no one on here that would have worked (not CEO, etc.) for their living and put up with constant complaints from those who know nothing about the job or company policy. This is why when everything is satisfactory or exceptional, I always make a note saying so on my bill and mention it if paying as I/we leave. They get plenty of complaints and seldom get commendation for a job well done or going above and beyond.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."