View Single Post

Old 03-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts
Default First Ones There.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Today twelve members of my tennis group had our monthly luncheon at Mallory. We had a reservation for 11:00 and were the first to arrive. Because the person making the reservation had asked for an indoor table, they refused to change us to the outdoors even though there was no one there. The reason for the refusal was that they had set the table indoors. Each of us complained to no avail. The person making the reservation had tried to call earlier to change the reservation to outside but they did not answer the phone. The food and table service was excellent but I believe the woman at the podium needs to be schooled in customer service. We should have told her to cancel the reservation and then asked for outdoor seating. And of course it was a Chamber of Commerce beautiful day. Ugh!
First ones there seems to be the important claim.

There are many situations in which the concerns of the staff are important but yours does not sound like one. Maybe, the receptionist is very low on the totem pole and just follows the instructions given her by her superiors. But still I do not understand how they could not swift your group of 12 to outside.