View Single Post

Old 03-23-2017, 07:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I minored in Religious Studies so yes I have read quite a lot of The Bible. And I am a Christian unlike Donald Trump from what I have seen of the man. He is more like Herod than Jesus.

Colin K., is a football player. So what if he changes his mind.
So...then you know that there is NOTHING contemporary to Jesus proving ANYTHING in the NT...right? Not a word, no records, zip, nil, nada.

The ONLY mention is Josephus, and he wrote the line "the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James" some 30 years after "Jesus" was dead. When he was writing his memoirs. THAT is the only "proof" of Jesus written around the time of his "existence".

You know then that modern Christianity is really ALL Paul's doing. He was the ringleader, the one who pushed it, spread it, made it famous. You know that there were lots of different sects with different ideas,
History of early Christianity - Wikipedia

You know that your "Bible" is mostly written anonymously, those 1st four books with names, John, Mark, Luke, Matthew, weren't REALLY written by who they're named after.

"Since the 2nd century, the four narrative accounts of the life and work of Jesus Christ have been referred to as "The Gospel of ..." or "The Gospel according to ..." followed by the name of the supposed author. Whatever these admittedly early ascriptions may imply about the sources behind or the perception of these gospels, they are anonymous compositions.[2]"

You know that almost half the Bible WAS written/influenced by Paul. You know that several "books" of the Bible were deliberately left out because they didn't "fit" with what they wanted Christianity to be.
Development of the Christian biblical canon - Wikipedia

You know that Christianity got its big break when Constantine decided to make Christianity the official religion of Rome...and kept a lot of the Paganism...mixing them together.
First Council of Nicaea - Wikipedia

You know that the Jews reject Jesus as the messiah and Christianity is just Jews who believe the messiah HAS come.

You'd know even the Jewish Torah which pretty much is the OT...is itself based on the earliest known stories. The great flood is a VERY old story. My theory is it's the story of the melting of the last ice age, the flooding of EVERY coastal region, the filling of the Mediterranean, Black Sea...it displaced EVERYONE. The oceans rose about 500 ft. The story lasted, the reason, unknown at the time, was attributed to "Gods"...and the rest is literally "history".

"The Pleistocene Epoch is typically defined as the time period that began about 1.8 million years ago and lasted until about 11,700 years ago."

IF you REALLY studied religion...you'd know that they're all fake. Just a wild as$ guess that became popular...and corrupt.

To me, studying the Bible is like studying War and Peace or The Lord of the Rings. It's studying a work of fiction. OK to know something about...but NOT worth a lifetime.