View Single Post

Old 03-26-2017, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,362 Times in 2,082 Posts

I moved here from Palm Harbor, FL., in 2005 with my parents at aged 46. 58 now. It all depends on your neighbors IMHO. We have for the most part great ones. I have known people to move a few times here in the Villages before finding the right fit. I do miss Palm Harbor once in a while though especially all the kids and teens.

Just ignore the negative people and have a positive attitude and if you are of a certain persuasion as far as politics is concerned keep quiet and just listen to people for a while.

And check out Doggie Doo Run Run if you have a pooch. There are people there of many various ages and I know of several solid relationships coming out of friendships made there. Scott and Laura are very good owners/managers. They do have a little prejudice against pit bulls and/or pit bull mixes but they are probably worried about insurance issues. Doggie Doo Run Run is up CR101 near the intersection of CR104 and CR101. About a mile north of the Southern Trace Shopping Center which is on CR466.

If I encounter some of these unhappy campers here in the Villages I just try to be friendly and if they are known to me to be not worth that effort there are many many more happy people here in the Villages of all ages to socialize with in some way.