View Single Post

Old 03-26-2017, 02:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Kind of like John Wesley Harding shooting someone through a wall because he snored too much. Shot for Snoring? - True West Magazine

The culture is created where picking up a gun and using it comes very easily at least for some people.
You are stating the obvious, Tal. but you could easily have said that picking up a knife, ax, or baseball bat or even running someone over in a parking lot "comes very easily, at least to some people." Whatever is the weapon of opportunity. Guns are not allowed in bars. I would be willing to bet that the gun used in this case was not even legally obtained or registered.

I've also seen my share of knife fights and/or stabbings. I even saw a woman that had an ax planted in her forehead by her spouse or boyfriend. Interesting sight. Weapon of opportunity. People are prone to violence, so unless you want to administer drugs to everyone via their water supply, we will always have to deal with violence. Better to be prepared than to count on someone else to protect you that might not be nearby when you need them.