View Single Post

Old 07-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Sage
Default Re: Landscaping: Rock vs. Mulch vs. ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN
Donna, barefoot at last knows a lot about this topic, she suggested Zach Andrews at Have Rock will Roll 352-274-5635 for rock only and reasonable prices. Also says a place called Dirt Cheap on 441 is the source for all the rock around here.
Donna, just to confirm what JohnN said: I was told that Dirt Cheap on 441 North of the Villages (east side) supplies all the landscapers with rock, and then they sell it to you. So I went there to choose my rock. They have a vast selection and it helps to go there and view all the piles of rock when you are making a decision. They have some really neat choices.

Instead of using a landscaper to deliver and install the rock, I used Zack at Have Rock will Roll. He is a nice young man, did a great job, and it was less expensive than having a landscaper do it.

I much prefer rock instead of mulch. I think it looks nicer, discourages termites in the area close to the house, and lasts forever.