View Single Post

Old 07-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: E-Z Go vs. Yamaha Golf Cart

I bought a brand new gas cart last week. I considered electric very carefully, and was finally swayed by 2 factors.
1st, I really really like driving my cart around instead of a car. I will take a drive for better than an hour to smoke a cigar. I use it to go the the stores, restaurants, get coffee, whatever. Despite what proponents say, electric doesn't cover enough ground between charges for me.
2nd, I have a real problem with batteries. I get stressed using a flashlight for fear I will wear out the battery. ANYTHING I use with batteries stresses me out. I would drive myself crazy worrying about how much power I had left, would I make it home, would I forget to charge it.
A few things I noticed driving around in my new cart: 1st, Mrs SteveFromNY and I could easily talk without yelling, and 2nd, there are a LOT of other gas carts out there. It seemed like way better than half. Could just be the fact that I noticed them more.
Seems like out here in TOTV land there are rather strong anti-gas feelings. Perhaps it's just a vocal, "annoying" few.
Well, I got gas, and I'm proud of it!