Thread: Best pizza
View Single Post

Old 04-03-2017, 07:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Well to me it sounds like you were away from home for probably the first time, and looking for a good time, if that was the case...I would have given you a break...but ya had to be taught a lesson.

I would suspect in those days the barracks had furnaces..so 2 weeks shoveling coal to keep 3 barracks cozy.. with latrine duty.Then onto 2 weeks KP naturally on Pots and Pans and making sure the grease pit was clean. This of course would all be " Arranged " beforehand with 3 phone calls.

If it was the summer different story, cutting grass, along with taking care of the weeds with the " Idiot Stick ", the Latrine duty stays intact. Same duration.

On the bright side you would have avoided an Article 15, which meant, avoid getting busted, and being restricted to the base.
I was restricted to the base for 30 days, banned from anyplace on base that sold liquor, and the CQ runner woke me up every hour on the hour and had me sign a sheet of paper on a clip board for 30 nights. The great story out of this was my supervisor, a crusty old Master Sgt. He was in the 1st shirt's office with me when I received my punishment. The shirt told he that he was making him personally responsible for my behavior over the next month. That weekend, MSgt C. got into a fight with a Chief at the NCO Club and shoved his head under the brass foot rail at the bar. Civil Engineers had to come cut the Chief free. My exploits faded into a black hole of forgottenness. Back then, promotions were decided at base level, and less than a year later, the First Sergeant personally advocated for and got me my next stripe and I was on my way to a well behaved and successful career.