View Single Post

Old 07-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: E-Z Go vs. Yamaha Golf Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFromNY
I bought a brand new gas cart last week. I considered electric very carefully, and was finally swayed by 2 factors.
1st, I really really like driving my cart around instead of a car. I will take a drive for better than an hour to smoke a cigar. I use it to go the the stores, restaurants, get coffee, whatever. Despite what proponents say, electric doesn't cover enough ground between charges for me.
2nd, I have a real problem with batteries. I get stressed using a flashlight for fear I will wear out the battery. ANYTHING I use with batteries stresses me out. I would drive myself crazy worrying about how much power I had left, would I make it home, would I forget to charge it.
A few things I noticed driving around in my new cart: 1st, Mrs SteveFromNY and I could easily talk without yelling, and 2nd, there are a LOT of other gas carts out there. It seemed like way better than half. Could just be the fact that I noticed them more.
Seems like out here in TOTV land there are rather strong anti-gas feelings. Perhaps it's just a vocal, "annoying" few.
Well, I got gas, and I'm proud of it!
I always felt the same about batteries. Don't over use the flashlight, Don't play the radio with the car not running. etc. However, I purchased an electric Club Car in 2001 and was very happy with it. I used it 7 days a week to go from Marion county to SS and to Summer trace. I do runs to the Publix and Walgreen's in Mulberry. I play golf 6 days a week and use it at least 3-4 days a week for golf. After 4 years I replaced the 6 batteries for $375 (SPANO). After two more years I decided that I wanted a new cart and figured I could get a good trade-in price for the Club Car. Last month, I bought a new EXGO RXV electric cart. I expect at least 7-8 years out it of it before I trade up again. And then it will probably still be electric.

I ride it gas carts and they are noisy. The smell gives me headaches. I figure that the money I save on gas by replacing the batteries for $300-400 every four years is a plus.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.