View Single Post

Old 04-06-2017, 08:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Recently on Facebook a young college student, granddaughter of a long time friend and old neighbor took me to task over my politics.

Anyway. My response to her assessment of my political opinion and I can't remember if it was about the womans movement or the environment...anyway we really differed on the subject....

My response is that I don't really take anyone's opinion seriously until they live independently, have a job, pay their bills on time for a couple of decades, own property, pay taxes and raise a couple of kids.

Even then they will just be thresholding on the right to share their knowledge of the world and how it works.

On the above that Tal wrote, I have this to say; Sex and sexual activity has been with us for a long time and as long as our bodies continue to manufacture estrogen and testosterone there will be problems with the pesky urge. Men talk much more clearly, some call roughly about sex and women talk about feelings and social justice. Klanbreath will say that is because most men are stronger and bigger than most women. I say that what two unmarried adults do in private is not my business even if they call a certain female orifice what most Brits call their cat.

Just gassing about here. Carry on, if any shoe fits wear it.
It is other's business if it is a crime, is harassment, or if it involves the trading of favors by people in what is the most powerful governmental position in the world. Fox News seems to have a very big problem with harassment of women coming from men who have the power to hire and fire.

Bill Cosby for instance committed a lot of crimes against women and got away with it for years. And a good part of why he got away with this was his position in society.

Remember that I have been trying to help victims/survivors of crimes since 1991 and doing a really good job of it even if this is just a hobby. I could probably be working for someone doing this but then that would hinder my independence with respect to whom I can try to get involved, etc. Many of the victims/survivors I have been trying to help are survivors of the very crimes that O'Reilly, Clinton, Cosby and Trump have been accused of at some point. I have been trying to help these people by making the collections in libraries all over the world more useful for survivors/victims of crimes like sexual assault, rape, harassment, stalking, etc.

And as far as my sex life is concerned I have to be in love before anything gets serious. That's just my moral code. And I have been putting my resources into this 26 year hobby which I have had 24 nominations to Marquis Who's Who volumes in from 1992 through about 2004. That's a hard thing to do when you have no institution behind you but are just working with your true grit.