View Single Post

Old 04-07-2017, 05:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
As someone who could not get anyone to even read my posts and threads on Syria as Bucco 4 years ago, I applaud the missle strike in Syria.
I'll be honest, I'm a bit ambivalent on it.

While my immediate reaction when Assad did the same thing in 2013, was to retaliate with military force...I also understand why there was reluctance on Congress' part to take military action.

What's being glossed over this time by the Trump Cultists in general, and Trump in particular, is the FACT that Congress would not even bring to a vote...Obama's request to take military action.

Trump Hypocrisy: Blaming Syrian Chemical Attack on Obama | Mother Jones

Quote:
It will come as no surprise at this point that the Trump White House's position was hypocritical. First, Obama's red line at the time was a threat of US military action against Syria should it continue to use chemical weapons.

When Obama asked the GOP-led Congress to authorize the potential use of force against Syria, the Republicans, not wanting to take a firm stance, declined to hold a vote.

Not to mention that at the time, Trump HIMSELF tweeted that Obama needs the approval of Congress (which Trump obviously did not get before yesterday's bombing)....and that we should take NO ACTION toward Syria.

Trump to Obama in 2013: Do not attack Syria - CNN Video

Quote:
Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "We should stay the hell out of Syria, the "rebels" are just as bad as the current regime. WHAT WILL WE GET FOR OUR LIVES AND $ BILLIONS?ZERO"

Simply more proof that Chump is....a flaming liar and a hypocrite.