View Single Post

Old 04-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Try Dr. Hamilton, I think you will be pleased with him. At first meeting he would appear to be a little cold, but once you get to know him he is really very pleasant. He is tall, very professional, does not waste time with small talk. For me, he knows me now, he comes in shakes hands, looks at my chart - thankfully I have had no changes in my macular and so far it is only in one eye, asks if I have any questions. Shakes my hand again and says "six months, take care".

He has, in the past, shown me on the computer exactly where my macular is and that it is stablized. This may sound stupid to many people out there, but I actually told him I was concerned because I could not thread a needle and could not put the brush back in my nail polish bottle without missing the bottle a couple of times, and he sat and explained why this happens when you have macular. I was concerned that my macular was getting worse, but he just explained in layman's terms why macular causes this. In my opinion, that is what makes him a great doctor, he really understands our fear of losing our eye sight. Plus, you have to know that Dr. T would not have someone in that practice who was not up to his standards.
While I haven't made a decision as of yet, I am probably going to choose between Dr. Hamilton and Dr. Wehrly. Does anyone "out there" know anything about him?

Thanks, MA and to all others who have and/or will respond.

I LOVE this blog because there is so much great information on it and so many who are willing to share their experiences!!

ted