View Single Post

Old 04-07-2017, 05:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I agree with much of what you say.

I recall vividly the resistance Obama got at that time, the warnings issued actually from congress to not react. I felt striping enough then to say forget it.

I DO think Trump makes a serious mistake if he does not openly and loud beginning talks with both sides of congress. I believe in our government and how it works best when both sides are engaged and have a voice.

I have always said I do not trust Trump, to the point people on here enjoy their little name calling, but two things....

1. Just a week since he "embraced" Assad, I do believe he got educated in the real world by the chemical attack, and I am glad he "changed his mind"

2. Getting the hard right, actually alt right radical Bannon out of his ear is a good and positive sign.

Trump has not "SOLD ME" but when I agree....I agree.
As to your second point, it looks like the combination of Syria (and I'm sure Bannon being kicked off the NSC)...has the alt-right up in arms.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/u...ght-syria.html
Quote:

Some of President Trump’s most ardent campaign supporters were among his most vocal opponents on Thursday after he ordered the missile strike against Syria, charging him with breaking his promise to keep the United States out of another conflict in the Middle East.

Prominent writers and bloggers on the far right attacked Mr. Trump. They accused him of turning against his voters by waging an attack that he had for years said would be a terrible idea. They also criticized him for launching the strike without first seeking congressional approval — something he said on Twitter in 2013 would be a “big mistake.”

The most vocal in their outrage were leaders from the small but influential white nationalist movement.

... For some on the far right, particularly those who are pro-Russia, Mr. Trump’s strike crossed a line.
As for me, until Bannon and his band of white-nationalist fake news purveyor's are totally purged from this administration (and Trump quits reading their trash )...I'm not holding any hope that Trump will get any better.

With or without them, he's spent his whole life having absolute power, spewing lies with impunity, bullying anyone who pricks his thin-skin, all without consequences...and I don't see that changing.