View Single Post

Old 04-09-2017, 11:49 AM
n/a

Default Decisions need to be made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
President Not-Obama - POLITICO Magazine

"Many of the most head-snapping comments I heard came from Obama’s own top advisers, who had long pushed him to confront Assad more aggressively and viewed his 2013 refusal to take military action against Syria after drawing a “red line” on chemical weapons use as a major American foreign policy debacle. There’s no love lost for Trump in this group, whose members found themselves in the uncomfortable position of cheering a leader they still both loathe and fear. “Our administration never would have gotten this done in 48 hours,” one former senior official of the Obama administration told me. “It’s a complete indictment of Obama.”
“I feel like finally we have done the right thing,” Anne-Marie Slaughter, who served as Obama’s first-term chief of policy planning at the State Department and long publicly urged a more forceful response to Assad’s horrific attacks on civilians during the six years of war that have wracked Syria, told me. “The years of hypocrisy just hurt us all. It undermined the U.S., it undermined the world order.”
Slaughter, now the head of the New America Foundation and a major backer of Trump’s defeated opponent Hillary Clinton last November, tweeted, “Donald Trump has done the right thing on Syria. Finally!! After years of useless handwringing in the face of atrocities.” I later asked her if it was awkward to be cheering for Trump now. “I’m just glad to see it,” she said. “It was the right thing.”
Unfortunately, we do not get do overs in the real world.

What would have happened if-is simply unknown.

It is interesting that NOW we discover that in the Cuban Missal crisis Kennedy seeked AND RECEIVED guidance from Eisenhower who was a Republican when Kennedy was a Democrat. Eisenhower wanted to install Nixon as his replacement. Perhaps, similar to Obama wanting to install Hillary. Is Obama available to advise Trump? Would Trump even consider advice from Obama?

As is happening with Syria the question came up shortly after Kennedy/now Trump took power.

IT IS ONLY IN SIFI WHERE WE CAN EXPLORE WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF WE DID/DO SOMETHING ELSE. WHY POUTIN IS BACKING ASSADE? We gave Russia notice of what we were going to do and when. Russia did not attempt to shoot down any of our cruse missals. Cruse missals as slow so would be perhaps, easy to shoot down.

We know the Syrian air force is in poor shape. Poutin

We do not know. We may never know AND YET TOO MANY ARE WILLING TO SCREAM THEIR ADVICE.

I hope AND YOU SHOULD HOPE, that Trump has taken the correct action. This CRAP from far too many of you that since Trump is not of my party I will object to anything he says or does is well shooting yourself and our country in the foot.

So far-I did not have sex with that woman-oh those stains on her dress-their mine. I did not take bribes-oh white water, oh the Clinton foundation-oops. I did not have the questions in advance of the debates-oops with a higher voice. My party did not SPY on Trump Tower-oops caught again.